Grow your Career with Aurora Construction Ltd
Let’s Spread Wings Together with the North’s Leading Corporate Group
Aurora Construction Ltd is recruiting project managers, CAD Operators, carpenters, plumbers, HVAC technicians, refrigeration specialists, boiler technicians, painters, drywallers, H.E. mechanics and operators, mechanics and masons. Journeymen, Apprentices and Masters are welcome to apply. Our group is expanding our property portfolio, building new projects, updating our maintenance program, even as we prepare for the next bidding season for construction in every sector be it private, commercial, industrial or government contracts. Projects can be remote, semi-remote or in Yellowknife, Hay River or Inuvik. We also have properties in Edmonton and the Shuswap in British Columbia. We offer extensive compensation, benefits and travel arrangements. You can live at home, travel, see the North and work for us. Or join our team as a new northern resident. Connect with our H.R. team today to become a part of our team of experts.
The Building Maintainer is responsible for maintenance residential and commercial properties as well as residential, commercial, and industrial projects, depending on ever-changing assignments.
- A certificate or an apprenticeship in facilities maintenance, building maintenance technology, carpentry or electrical other trade or similar fields
- The Building Maintainers with more than two years (4000 hours) experience would be ideal for this position.
The Carpenter is responsible for maintenance of residential and commercial properties as well as residential, commercial, and industrial projects, and tasks assigned by the Supervisor.
- A certificate or an apprenticeship in carpentry & high level of creativity & excellent design skills
- Carpenters are required to complete a minimum number of hours of practical work experience, professionals with more than two years (4000 hours) experience would be ideal for this position.
Power Engineering Trainee
The Power Engineer Trainee is responsible for boiler and furnace maintenance under the supervision of a Level 4 Power Engineer of residential and commercial properties.
- The desire to achieve certification as a Power Engineer by participating in an apprenticeship program, traveling outside NWT for in-class education, and the ability to pass tests.
- 4000 hours or two years in Northern employment.
The Plumber is responsible for plumbing maintenance within the company owned portfolio of residential and commercial properties as well as residential, commercial and industrial projects,
- A certificate or an apprenticeship in plumbing
- High level of creativity
- Excellent design skills
- Ability to use hand and power tools, including torches, soldering irons, drills, saws, nail guns, chisels, and a variety of hand tools.
- Pipe fitting skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of building regulations and codes
Drop your CV at email@example.com and we will contact you
Aurora Construction Ltd Placements
At this point we have three different types of placements that are practical;
- Our sister company Range Lake Properties.
- Bid to win on Government Tenders.
- Marketing within Yellowknife for commercial and residential business.
All levels will be considered against the project;
Coming Soon Placement Opportunities
Our group of companies has developments in the works in;
- Edmonton Area in Alberta
- The Shuswap Area of BC
- Yellowknife and Hay River in NWT
- We continue to look for new opportunities on an ongoing basis as an owner/developer organization.
You could join us as a valued trades person and reap these benefits
- A pay cheque in the North takes you farther.
- Avoid seasonal down times in your home market.
- Here is your opportunity to stop bidding on jobs with little or no margin just to keep your crew working.
- Bring your crew where you will all be valued.
- Learn the challenge of Northern construction.
- See the best part of Canada